After a fantastic 2018, winning our class and also winning Rookie of the Year Activ8 Motorsport is looking forward to returning to Belgium in 2019.
Once again the team are entering the Flanders International Rally Challenge and aims to compete in the following 5 rounds
- Rallye Salamandre 20/21 April
- Wervik Rally 14/15 June
- Les Boucles Chevrotines 3/4 August
- Hemicuda Rally 19/20 October
- 6 uren van Kortrijk 23/24 November
Success in rallying means you have to prepare to finish and that takes a methodical and meticulous approach to car preparation. To the layman, after Kortrijk the car looked ready to go to the next rally after a quick wash. However, Mal has wasted no time doing a full overhaul of the car including –
- New anti rollbar bushes front and rear
- New bottom ball joints
- New rear Tein Flexz struts
- Front Tein struts serviced
- Full suspension alignment including cornerweight correction – which meant Phil’s garage mini moved at least 10 feet so far in 2019!
- Engine removed and clutch sent to CG Motorsport for assessment
- New flywheel input shaft bearing
- Gearbox oil change
- Rear diff oil change
- Full service
- New rocker cover gaskets
- New petrol filter installed
- New front discs
- New pads all round
- Rick ‘the body’ has had both bumpers off and plastic welded the cracks and other damage before spraying them
- The car has had a general tidy up and gained a few more stickers
A full assessment of the wheels and tyres has been undertaken and 4 new Hankook WRC type tyres purchased.
- Windscreen washer system redesigned to include twin pump system and new washer jets. (It now doubles as a water-jet metal cutter – God help the Windscreen!)
- LDV van has had full service with all minor issues resolved and a few of the misspelt labels have been replaced with differently misspelt labels.
Thanks to all our friends who continue to help us – Nick and Jim Dixon at MND Motorsports, CG Motorsport, Proflex suspension, Douglas Signs, Pole Position and Costa Coffee!
Next stop – Rally Salamandre!
Activ8 Motorsport – April 11th 2019